Serene Sleep Center for Snoring and Sleep Apnea
Vibrance Dentistry offers some solutions for sleep apnea and snoring to ensure that you are getting better sleep...
Sleep Apnea & Snoring
Does your bed partner complain about your snoring?
Does your bed partner often feel tired during the day?
Do you or your bed partner have trouble focusing at work?
Screening for sleep apnea
Vibrance Dentistry offers an in office screening for sleep apnea. Upon Dr. Cate's examination the patient will also fill out a short questionnaire.
The questionnaire was developed based upon the published findings of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM). The purpose of the questionnaire is to aid a qualified medical professional in identifying possible symptoms of a sleep disorder. Dr. Cate will work with your medical provider.
There are a variety of sleep devices. Dr. Cate will help to find the best sleep device to fit your needs.
Obstructive Sleep APneA (OSA)
The OSA Facts provided by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine:
• Approximately 2/3 of adults snore
• For many of those who snore, it is an indication of a far more serious
condition – obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)
Major signs and symptoms
• Loud and chronic snoring
• Choking, snorting, or gasping during sleep
• Long pauses in breathing
• Daytime sleepiness, no matter how much
time you spend in bed
Other common signs of OSA
• Waking up with a dry mouth or sore throat
• Morning headaches
• Restless or fitful sleep
• Insomnia or nighttime awakenings
• Going to the bathroom frequently at night
• Waking up feeling out of breath
• Forgetfulness and difficulty concentrating
• Moodiness, irritability, or depression
Studies now link OSA to increased risk of:
• Cardiovascular disease
• Diabetes type II
• Impaired concentration/memory loss
• Atrial fibrillation
• Depression & anxiety
• Erectile dysfunction/impotence